Because of the advancement of technology, our existing website template has become so out of date, that our existing website Content Management system (Joomla) cannot cope with it. So we are launching a brand new website with a refreshed logo (see image) designed by our talented graphic artist member Bob Jennings of Bob Jennings Creative. (Bob’s Prize Winning Nimrod in photo above)
We have also decided that if we are to keep data on our website namely the personal details of club members, it ought to be in a state of the art, up to date, and super secure environment, such as the BMFA Membership System.
After our erstwhile secretary Keith Rathbone and I did some monumental head scratching, we eventually plumped for the Just Go BMFA System which, absent an annual fee, brings with it various benefits such as:-
- A Secure and reliable Membership Data Warehouse
- Member management with the ability to join just once via the BMFA Website, rather than twice at present. So the Website Joining Form will be redundant, and you will be taken directly to the BMFA Login Page to renew/join. It will be an easier and much more seamless process.
- You will be able to update your personal details as often as you wish and it will be as up to date as you make it.
- We will be able to email everyone as often as you wish via the membership portal. We have our own Club Section which is separate but linked to the BMFA.
- There are a list of regular an up to date standard emails from the system which will remind you to renew your membership.
- You will be able to pay online via the BMFA system.
- We can still operate a cash and cheque system for those who do not get on with computers.
- Our membership secretary will be able to create his own events, and notify everyone what is going on via email.
So if you are reading this for the first time on 10th April when our website goes live, welcome. This is a new website designed in WordPress, and industry standard.